Our fire-fighting water tanks are made of hot-dip galvanized steel panels of 2500×1250 mm thickness. The tank is placed in a reinforced concrete foundation, whose dimensions and reinforcement are selected individually for every tank, including its capacity and ground conditions. The steel structure is attached to the foundation by chemically cured anchors. The tanks are cylindrical In shape, they are covered, but they do not have a steel bottom. The bottom of the tank is that concrete foundation, which is insulated and covered with EPDM membrane material.
Its construction is made of steel panels with a minimum thickness of 2,5 mm twisted in vertical single or double row of bolts of strength class 8.8.. On the inside, the tanks are insulated with polystyrene boards on the shell of 60 mm and at the bottom of 20 mm. The element separating the water from the steel construction and polystyrene insulation is the EPDM membrane of 1,02 mm thickness, adapted to the size of the tank. The EPDM material is highly flexible, stretchable, puncture and weather resistant. It is delivered as a finished piece. The roof is not insulated, it’s made of trapezoidal sheet of 0,7 mm based on the construction of hot – dip galvanized profiles. Optionally, on request we insulate the roof with bonded panels with polystyrene core of 40-100 mm.
The tank’s equipment consists of:
- filling pipe installed inside the tank from the bottom to the top level of the water, it ends with a float valve – inlet port made by the foundation slab, it ends with a flange, in case of supply line passing through the shell, you need to take care of anti-freeze insulation, to the depth that is appropriate to your climate zone;
- suction ports with anti-vortex plates, they end with cowls, adjusted to the needs of the fire brigade, or suction ports end with flanges– depending on the applied solution;
- blowdown connection with a valve that supports water drainage;
- overflow pipe for efficient drainage of excess water;
- ladder with galvanized steel elements;
- inspection hatches;
- platform with a protective barrier;
Prevention from freezing of water in the tank is possible thanks to an electric heater, which activates when the water temperature falls below 5 °C.
Water level is also subject to inspection thanks to tank sensors. You can operate them with the control box, on the tank’s shell. Tank capacity must be selected in accordance with the table.